Your safety is our priority. As the cases of COVID-19 increase we want to share details of a brand new feature we have introduced in our app to help keep everyone using our platform - riders, restaurants and customers - safe during this time.
The NHS has stated that it is very unlikely that COVID-19 can be spread through food, but we are taking additional precautions.
Limiting contact when delivering orders will help keep everyone healthy, so from today a new feature enables you to choose 'contact-free delivery' at check-out. If you choose this, your rider will leave your food at your door rather than handing it over to you.
This is how contact-free delivery works:
- Select the new 'contact-free delivery' feature at checkout - this message will go to your rider so they know to leave the food at your door
- At this point you will be asked to add additional delivery instructions so your rider knows where to leave your food
- You'll receive a notification when your rider is nearby, reminding you that you have requested contact-free delivery
- When your rider arrives they will place your order on the ground outside your door
- Your rider will step back at least 1 metre and wait nearby for you to collect it
Your rider will also have the ability to choose to make an order contact-free if they wish and will contact you through the app if they do.
This is a worrying time for everyone, and we want to acknowledge the incredible efforts of all our riders who are working hard at this time and who are committed to helping the communities in which they work.
We hope that this new tool provides you and our riders with greater safety during this time.