Feel good again with this superfood spirulina soup recipe from Notting Hill health cafe, Farmacy. Packed with nutrients and free from gluten, sugar and dairy, it's incredibly easy to make and will put that spring back in your step.
If you fancy getting your soup fix delivered instead, you'll find plenty of delicious soups available on Deliveroo. Plus, to kickstart your new year in the best way possible, read our five healthy eating resolutions you can actually stick to.
But first... what's spirulina?
Spirulina is one of the most protein-rich, nutrient-dense foods on the planet. It's a naturally occuring algae that can be bought as a supplement in either powder or tablet form. Farmacy swears by it – so much so, they gave us the secret recipe for their green spirulina soup.
Spirulina soup recipe
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200g courgette, chopped
- 50g onions, finely chopped
- 100g carrots, chopped
- 500g frozen peas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 600g spinach
- 10g mint
- ½ tbsp spirulina powder
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sauté onion and carrots in olive oil for approximately 5 mins until slightly softened.
- Add garlic and cook for another 5 mins.
- Add the vegetable stock, salt and white pepper. Warm it and add the courgette and peas. Cover the pan and cook for approximately 15 mins until vegetables are just cooked.
- Remove from heat and add spinach and mint and allow to infuse for 5 mins.
- Use stick blender, blend it very until smooth. Add water to required consistency.
- Add olive oil and salt, the soup should be smooth and creamy. Add spirulina and continue to blend it.
- Serve and enjoy.
Hungry for something healthy but no time to cook? Get a good-for-you meal delivered instead - just browse healthy food on Deliveroo now.