Shrove Tuesday is the pancake equivalent of the airport bar – it doesn't matter what time it is, you get a free pass to gorge yourself on as many pancakes as you possibly can for one blissful period of 24 hours.
In the event that you get bored with the old lemon juice and sugar combo, we've teamed up with Crêpeaffaire to bring you a recipe for a classic savoury crêpe, with Scottish smoked salmon and cream cheese.
INGREDIENTS, you will need:
- 100g plain white organic flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Scottish smoked salmon
- Cream cheese
- Mix all ingredients except for the oil in a bowl.
- Oil the pan, and bring to a high heat. Ladle some batter into it, tilting the pan to move the mixture around for a thin and even layer.
- Top tip for flipping: Hold the pan's handle, ease a fish slice under the pancake, then quickly lift the slice and flip the pancake over.
- Flip onto the plate, and fold your pancake in half.
- Spread your ingredients on the folded crêpe.
- Fold the pancake in half again, and then once more to create a neat triangle.