Annem Hobson, creator of So Wrong It's Nom, is the mastermind behind the Cheester Egg – a solid Easter egg made entirely out of crumbly, creamy cheese. Sick of filling up on sweet treats over the holidays, Annem has also set to work on a cheese advent calendar for Christmas 2017.
If you'd rather munch on manchego than milk chocolate this bank holiday, then Annem has the perfect pig out recipes for you. And, in celebration of all-things cheesy, Annem has given the foodies at Deliveroo her recipe for a cheese bread pie.
Cheese Bread Pie
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- Good quality, round loaf of bread
- 2 balls mozzarella or 1 large ball
- Large handful fresh basil
- 1 pack of prosciutto
- 1 pot of pesto, shop bought or homemade
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Jar of jalapeno peppers
- Tomato chutney or salsa
- Baking foil
- With a sharp knife, cut a grid pattern into the bread, but be careful not to cut through the bottom of the loaf.
- Once cut, gently push from the bottom of the loaf to fan out each section and leave space to stuff the bread.
- Wash and chop, or tear, the basil, then drain a desired amount of jalapenos from the jar and chop.
- Slice the mozzarella balls and the cherry tomatoes.
- Carefully part the bread and then stuff most of the sliced mozzarella into the spaces, followed by the basil, jalapenos, cherry tomatoes then dollops of chutney or salsa.
- Fill any gaps with the slices of prosciutto.
- Put the remaining mozzarella slices on top, then glaze the top of the loaf in pesto according to taste.
- Place the bread pie on top of a large sheet of baking foil, wrap the entire loaf up so it's completely covered and place on a baking tray.
- Bake at 180°C in a fan-assisted oven for 30-40 minutes. For the last 5-10 minutes, uncover the top of the pie to allow the cheese to turn golden.
There you have it; a deliciously cheesy bread pie that's perfect for sharing over the Easter weekend.
For more of Annem's So Wrong It's Nom recipes and to find out how she's constructed a cheese advent calendar, visit her blog.
If all this talk of cheese has got you in the mood for some gooey goodies, check out the best cheese dishes on Deliveroo near you.